Out & About
The park is situated next to the championship Southerness Golf Club and there are seven other courses of varying size within a 15 mile radius of Southerness.
- Craigieknowes Golf Club, kippford
- Dalbeattie Golf Club
There is sea fishing along the coast and a selection of Loch and river fishing inland.
This area offers the www.worldbikeparks.com/7-stanes-dalbeattie cycle routes with only a 15 minute drive from Southerness, many other cycle routes/paths in surrounding area.
There are many coastal and forest walks in the surrounding area.
OTHER LOCAL ATTRACTIONS
- The delightful mabiefarmpark.co.uk with lots of animals, play barn and grass sledging for the children and adults is close by and is a must for all families!
- The historic Sweetheart Abbey and the working Corn Mill are set in the picturesque village of New Abbey.
- The cottage of John Paul Jones (the local pirate who became the founder of the American Navy) is close by and well worth a visit.
- A few miles west are the secluded coastal villages of Rockcliffe and Kippford with its yachting marina plus some excellent restaurants.
- For the bird enthusiasts there is the Mersehead bird Sanctuary just a couple of miles along the coast from us.
- Further West is the creamogalloway.co.uk great fun for all the family.
- Also West is the thecocoabeancompany.com well worth a visit for those chocoholics also a great play area and café.
Perfect day out for all of the family, Dumfries is a short 20 minute drive away where there is the Ice Bowl, Museum and Camera Obscura, the Aviation Museum, Robert Burns Centre, Caerlaveroch Castle, Britain’s only triangular castle and of course the many high street shops. Drumlanrig Caste and Country Park is just 18 miles North of Dumfries and offers something for all the family with an outstanding adventure play park, castle tours, craft workshop, cycle hire, walks and trails.
Less than an hour’s drive away is the world famous Blacksmith’s shop at Gretna Green where romantic runaway marriages were forged in past times. Also Gretna Gateway Outlet Village with around 50 stores and 5 cafes.